Founded as a knife factory in 1893 in Courtételle, a small place near Delémont in the Swiss Jura region, Wenger can look back on a 120-year history. This history is shaped by a passion for quality, precision and outstanding craftmanship as well as many iconic products, including the world-famous “Swiss Army Knife”.
Wenger widened its product range, which is popular across the world, to include watches from 1997 and later luggage.The brand retained its distinct identity after the takeover by Victorinox in 2005 and continued to develop its product lines further. In 2013 Victorinox integrated Wenger knives into its own range so that Wenger could concentrate on global development of its two most successful segments – watches and luggage.
- 1893: Foundation of the Paul Boéchat & Cie. knife factory in the Swiss Jura region.
- 1901: First production of soldiers' knives for the Swiss Army.
- 1922: Renamed Wenger SA.
- 1997: Foundation of Wenger Watch SA in the heart of the Biel/Bienne watchmaking region.
- 2003: Entry into the licensing business with luggage and various outdoor articles, managed worldwide under the Wenger brand.
- 2005: Takeover by Victorinox AG of Ibach. The business is managed as an independent subsidiary company.
- 2013: Integration of the Wenger knife business into the Victorinox brand and concentration on the two
most successful product categories of watches and travel gear as an ideal addition to the Victorinox product offering.
- 2014: Establishing of Wenger watches and travel gear within the Victorinox organization
- 2015: Development of a watchmaking centre of excellence at Wenger's headquarters in Delémont
- 2016: Repositioning of the Wenger brand as an extension of Victorinox' product range in watches and travel gear and investment into the development of a unique, up-to-date brand appearance as a solid basis for the sustainable success of both our company’s brands